In the southwestern region of Bangladesh, lies the Jessore District. It is also known as Jashore district. Jessore is the first digital district in Bangladesh. Jessore town is the capital of the district.
Rampur village is a great tourist attraction for its island like appearance bordered by two rivers named Jhapa Bayor and Khajura Bayor.
Earlier the houseof Michael Madhusudhan Datta, is now a museum where visitors can visit and learn more about the great Bangladeshi poet.
- Imam Bara
Situated beside the Dhaka-Khulna Highway, this ancient building was built by Hazi Muhammad Mohsin.
- Shahi Mosque
Situated in Hamidpur village, the Shahi Mosque is an illustration of Muslim Sultani era. People can visit this place and also offer their prayers.
Hotels in Jessore
- Divine Centre Limited, Hotel and Convention Centre- It offers a comfortable setting and offers all the necessities to ensure an enjoyable stay.
- Hotel Castle Salam- The hotel is palatial and designed with modern architects, excellently furnished and filled with enjoyable atmosphere.
- Tiger Garden International Hotel, Khulna Bangladesh- This 3-star hotel offers a 24 hour desk, an ATM and a free Wi-Fi and serves Asian cuisine.
Restaurants in Jessore
Here is al list of best restaurants in Jessore.
- New Nuru Hotel- the place is very popular for mutton curry (Tk 90).
- Café Mariot- Here you can get best qualitu food in town.
Famous Foods in Jessore
The famous food in Jessore is “Date Molass” eaten mainly in winter seasons. People from different districts visit Jessore to have a tast of pure date molass. Another famous food item is “Jamtola Sweet,” a type of local sweet you should never miss.
Jessore Travel Info
The transportation cost in Jessore is very effective because in every corner of Jessore, you can find rickshaws and auto rickshaws at very low fare. You can also find local buses running from Benapole border post. Jessore being a small region can be easily navigable on foot. And if ever one gets lost, you can easily ask the directions from the friendly folks who are ready to help.